Quote in 60 Seconds: why the res:harmonics Quote Portal is worthy of a Bond film
Every serviced apartment and co-living operator is in the sales business. Whether public or private, 10 units or 10,000 units, the aim of the game is paying guests and each company will have their own bespoke strategy for enticing and converting sales prospects. Some may prioritise branding and marketing. Others may go for guest experience and after-sales services. But, no matter the preference, every operator needs to convert general enquiries.
Step forward the Quote Portal. Like James Bond and his gadgets, operators can use this slick tool to achieve their sales goals more effectively and boost conversion rates in style. Here’s how.
How it works
- Enquiry. You receive an enquiry about a six-month stay in a two-bed serviced apartment.
- Quotation. You use the simple tool to select appropriate units, set bespoke rates and send a customised email with the options in less than 60 seconds.
- Conversion. The prospect receives an email with tailored messaging, photos and quotes, which they can click for more info (i.e. a carousel of photos, maps and floor plans on your site) and book online 24/7 without the need of a callback (you can also hold the units for a set period of time so there’s always availability should they book). If the prospect doesn’t book within a certain period, you can set automated reminder emails to keep the booking front of mind.
- Pay. You take secure online payments through the Portal (via 3D secure), either receiving credit card payments at the time of booking or allowing corporate companies with credit terms to complete their bookings without entering card details.
Enquire. Quote. Convert. Pay. It’s as simple as that.
Why operators should be excited
You may be thinking ‘of course Steve loves the Quote Portal, he works for res:harmonics’, but for the last two decades I’ve worked on the other side of the fence focusing on the commercial-side for international hotels, resorts and retail agencies. Operators’ concerns are part of my DNA and that’s why I know the Quote Portal is such a game changer.
For me, it comes down to the following four reasons:
- Simplicity. Instead of spending hours implementing a quote system, allocating roles and training up staff, the Quote Portal is as simple as ordering an app-based taxi. Even I’ve managed to run a quote process.
- Time-saving. The quotation process is smooth and easy-to-understand, but also involves minimal staff effort. Without the need to arrange callbacks or follow-ups, employees have more time to focus on other things.
- Professional. Receiving a customised email with photos and negotiable rates moments after making an enquiry sets the tone for the type of service guests will get and also enables operators to upsell with snazzy apartment options and deals from the off.
- Full customisation. You select the apartments, rates, photos and email messaging for each enquiry allowing you to treat each prospect differently (e.g. offer a loyalty bonus for those staying longer or who have booked before). In addition, the portal itself is customisable, so you can put the tool into you or your agent’s branding.
The bottom line
The bottom line is about the bottom line. By streamlining the supply chain and cutting out the admin, the Quote Portal enables operators to reduce costs and boost conversion with less effort. It’s like Bond’s explosive pen - looks simple, but can have a devastating effect - and it makes you wonder: what other amazing apartment management features could there be out there?